Saturday, July 28, 2007

Annisia's Birthday Cake

Well, here's the cake I made for Annisia. It turned out really cute. And it was SO easy.

I baked two 9" round cakes, then froze them. On the day of the birthday, I pulled them out, cut the rounded top off one and made the ladybug's head with pieces of the cake I cut off. I frosted the body and head of the cake with dark chocolate frosting. Then I cut the other cake in half, laid it on the "body", frosted it red, squeezed some red stars onto it, and laid peppermint patties on it for spots. Licorice made great antennae, and the M&Ms are supposed to be grass.

Kayla, Jonathan, and Annisia posing with the cake. Jonathan really wanted some of those M&Ms and licorice!

Yummy! The frosting is the best part, Mom!

Can I have some more?...please?! Will it help if I grin at you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, yeah. I *think* that she liked the cake! :)

Anonymous said...

CUTE cake!

Anonymous said...

It's so cute.. you are so good. And what a beautiful smile on her face. I wish we could have been there. Happy Birthday, Annisia. Janice