Saturday, July 28, 2007

Anniversary Trip - On to Lewistown

We left Kallispell on Wednesday, the 18th, drove through Big Fork and got 20# of Logan cherries and 5# of Rainier cherries, and are now desperately trying to eat them all! YUM!

Anyways, our next destination was Lewistown where my best girlfriend, Debbie, lives. She and I have been trying to get together since January for a girls' weekend in Billings, but circumstances keep foiling our attempts. Finally! I got to see my friend! We got there in time for a quick dinner and off to Bible study. It was a late night as the boys really wanted to play a bit before bed. Debbie's boys were excited for "baby Jonathan" to come and visit. I got a kick out of them...they wanted to carry him around.

We went for a hike the next morning. It was a 2 mile hike up to Lewistown Overlook. A pretty hike with lots of pine cones to interest the kids!

Debbie with her three boys, Michael and Jonathan posing on the trail.

Jonathan enjoys hiking too. Especially if he has a walking stick! His little legs sometimes make him slower, but he does really well. He fell once, hopped up and said, "I'm OK. I just took a digger!"

Debbie and the boys...

A nice little family photo...

Then we went back into town, ate Subway sandwiches and went to the pool. They have great waterslides in Lewistown! Jonathan got such a kick out of going down the slides with Daddy. He'd laugh all the way down, then squeal when they splashed in the water. I took him down once, but I couldn't stay sitting up, so we laid down on our backs. The only problem was he went under with me at the bottom! Gasp, gasp! He wasn't impressed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO awesome that Jonathan enjoys hiking! His comment about taking a digger made me laugh out loud!! I can just imagine some of the things that come out of his mouth these days! Kids at this age are just a hoot! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

That looks like BEAUTIFUL country...glad you had a good vacation! Looks like lots everyone had lots of fun.