Saturday, July 28, 2007

It's Curtains for Cassie!

While my Mom and Dad were here, I managed to get curtains made for my 6 year old niece. Mom was so helpful...she unloaded the dishwasher every day, sometimes twice a day, folded laundry, read books, helped with meals (or suggested take out!) AND cut out ladybugs and flowers. Dad played with the kids, read books or played the harmonica (which seems to enthrall the kids).

Here are the curtains...(looks like I'm into ladybugs these days!) The ladybugs and flowers were a print pattern. We cut out the individual bugs and flowers, ironed on heat transfer stuff (you can tell I am a seamstress, right?), trimmed them all again (20 ladybugs, 24 flowers), heat transferred them onto the white fabric, then sewed around each ladybug and flower. Then I put the two fabrics together, folded over for the pink edge, and hemmed. Voila!


The best part about it? Cassie likes them!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These turned out adorable! Good job! You should be proud of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Darla... they are so cute! I'll have to have you make me curtains...don't want ladybugs... will have to think of what kind.. I'll even take complete care of the kids for a few days!!! You did such a nice job. Janice.

Darla said...

Janice, You're on! Come over anytime. Let me know enough ahead of time so I can get fabric, or bring what you want! It actually ended up being sort of fun!

Kate said...

They are so cute! It makes me want to have a little girl someday.
Thanks for all of the new posts. I sure enjoyed them.

Kate said...

PS: I love Glacier and someday I am going to take Chris. Your pictures made me want to go ASAP. Also loved Annisia's birthday cake. What a cute idea! I want to decorate with ladybugs...if I ever have a girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Darla, I got to see the curtains you made for Cassie this weekend while we were back visiting. They are even more adorable in person (or curtain)! Janice