Friday, August 3, 2007

S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G

A few years ago, we noticed we needed to spell things out so our dog, Bella, didn't get too excited. Like "Are you going to give Bella a h-o-t-d-o-g?" And if the answer was "no", then she wasn't disappointed and felt unloved...you know how it is, don't you?

Then along came Jonathan. He's pretty smart, so we started spelling things like, "Do you know where S-n-u-g-g-l-y and w-o-o-b-y (our word for his pacifier) are?" Well, last night, I found myself spelling around Annisia already. I weaned her in June, but she hasn't been interested in drinking cow's milk yet. Even if I put Nestle Quik chocolate or strawberry powder in it! (Are we sure she's my daughter?!;-) So I have been giving her a bottle of juice in the evening, then rocking her and putting her down to bed. However, I have noticed the juice seems to wire her up a bit. Then we have a half hour or so of play to do before bed, which annoys me...I just want bedtime over already!

Last night, I decided to change tactics. I fed her a bowl of rice cereal with mashed banana and milk. She loved it. Well, Michael walked into the kitchen while I was doing this, and I said, "I decided to feed her some cereal instead of a b-o-t-t-l-e of j-u-i-c-e. Maybe she won't get wired up. Can you hand me that?"(pointing to a sippy cup). Michael said, "So no b-o-t-t-l-e of j-u-i-c-e but she does get a c-u-p-of H2O?" HA! I laughed! Maybe you had to be there!

No comments: