Sunday, August 26, 2007

Will you look at these kids?!

Don't let it be said that I won't let my kids get dirty. Jonathan and I planted a rhododendron bush (I dug, he obligingly watered the area and the hole that was eventually dug). Most of our soil here is hard packed clay, so it was a bit slow going. Jonathan was "helpful"...because of his "help", numerous times I came back to finish the planting only to find a hole FULL of water (did I mention he watered the hole? whether I said to or not, and however much he desired to water). Eventually, the shrub was in the ground. Then the work of filling the hole. Have you ever tried to scoop up sopping wet clay with a spade that has wet clay packed on it? Not an easy chore, I tell you. So, hole filled, I began the arduous task of getting all that wet clay off the spade and rake (otherwise it would become cement-like). Doing this created great mud puddles, much to Annisia's delight! I think we have a tomboy on our hands! When Jonathan saw how much fun Annisia was having, he joined in! Needless to say, it was bath time after that! The hose water was too cold...I tried that! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post cracked me up!!! Yup...I think that you are one cool mom and I'm sure your kids think so, too!! :)