Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm still here...

OK, OK, so I am still here. Things just got busy, busy. How do parents of more than 2 kids get anything done? That is the biggest question on my mind nearly every day. Since my last post, we have survived Halloween, Thanksgiving and several days of snow. Here is a look at some events since I last posted...


Jonathan still just loves his backhoe loader. It is used for everything; digging dirt, scooping snow, towing a variety of vehicles, planting trees, and giving Annisia a "ride to Uncle Bret's house"!

Jonathan is potty trained! Big YAYS! Here he is on potty training day running away from me in his big boy underwear! We did the Toilet Training in a Day method...sort of. He trained the dolly, got the major kudo treatment every time he went potty in the toilet, and still has accidents. Sometimes he's just too lazy. Yesterday, he wet his pants right beside the toilet. When asked why, he said, "I just didn't want to pull my pants down." ???WHAT???

These are the kids Halloween outfits...Bob the Builder (or Jonathan the Builder, as he demanded to be called!) and my little ladybug. (Year of the Pig? I think not...in our house it's the Year of the Ladybug!)
We were encouraged by a friend to go to the nursing home with the kids to trick or treat. It was nice, a chance to wear their costumes a little and cheer up some old folks.

Daddy with his ladybug.

This is what you get when you give the kids a bath, let your 3 year old convince you spikes would be fun to do with his wet hair, and then let him sleep on them! Yikes! He's still pretty cute, isn't he?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! I think we should all do this at least once a week.... wouldn't that be fun?? I sometimes just comb my hair upside down and then shake it and let it go... maybe I should add some 'moose' and see what happens!! Janice

Anonymous said...

The costumes are lovely. I am so glad you took them to the nursing home. I am certain some of the residents really enjoyed the visits from the children. Janice