Sunday, March 30, 2008

Vallhalla venue!

Jonathan is SO funny sometimes. This afternoon, he said he needed some things from the kitchen so he "could make chopped soup for the beef soup and then we'd take it to the Vallhalla venue". What prompts him to say some things is beyond me. If you have ever read Graeme Base's Animalia, you'd know where "Vallhalla venue" comes from, but we haven't read it for over a week. My son has a memory like an elephant!

On Friday, we were outside and he was driving his backhoe loader. He said, "Mommy, me, Baby doll, and Annisia have to move away to go to school." I said, "Oh really?!", feeling like I stepped back into the time of Laura Ingalls Wilder. "Yep! We're moving to a different town to a ranch that has a C and a A." "Are Daddy and I moving with you?" "Yes, you and me and Baby doll and Annisia are going to go on my loader tractor and Daddy is going to come later in his big truck." So! Now that we have THAT figured out, the big question is, do I start him in preschool next fall? He'll just be 4. We're of the mind to not start until he's 5, then kindergarten when he's 6. But lots of his peers are already in preschool at 3 1/2. But if he needs to move away to another town with a ranch in it that has a C and an A in it, I don't know if I am ready for him to start school yet!

Here is Jonathan, sacked out half on and half off his little couch. He was really wanting me to play him the video his Gramma and Papa have of their ranch and the Andalusian horses they have for sale. I fell asleep on the living room floor, though, and he must have gotten tired watching me sleep!
Then we went outside when everyone woke up. It was a beautiful day with a slight wind. Enough wind to bother our ears, so we all put on our ear bands. Jonathan took his Baby doll out for some fresh air. Isn't he a sweetie?Annisia was busy pouring sand onto the lawn despite my directions. Argh! She is such a busy little helper though.
Yesterday, Saturday, Daddy and Jonathan went out to the ranch to work on whatever it is Michael is building me. So Annisia and I were home alone. She picked up one of Jonathan's little tools he uses for a "shoot gun" and walked around shooting things! I laughed so hard! She says, and you have to put a 1-2 second pause between each word to sound like her, "Shoot gun, bziu, amlopt (antelope)." (bziu is the sound you hear antelope make to each other to warn.) Both the kids have learned to open the door or window and shout, "Bziu, antelope, get out of here!" Can you tell we have lots of antelope here? They come into our yard and I encourage the kids to scare them away! Anyways, that's what's going on here!

No comments: