Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Birthday Present!

Well, I promised a long time ago to post a pic of the gift Michael built for my birthday. It is a gorgeous bench with two drawers for shoes and other sundries. Isn't is beautiful? Am I just the most spoiled lady around?! I don't think the photos really do it justice. You'll just have to come and see it for yourselves! It is made out of alder and so detailed. Michael is so precise with everything he builds.

It is in our front entry way, so shoes go in it right away when the kids come in the house. Right now, their drawer is filled with tennis shoes, sandals, stocking hats and little mittens. One never knows if it's going to be 80 degrees or 45 degrees these days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is GORGEOUS, Darla!!! Some day I'm going to HAVE TO stop in an see it! :)

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous gift! It is perfect...beautiful AND functional! *smile*