Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wait just a minute!

Now, wait just a minute! I am sitting here on this blustery, rainy day trying to update my blog as you have seen. So while pics are uploading, I swept the floor, got cooking things out for Jonathan so he could make french toast and coffee, put away the handfuls of Qtips Annisia managed to get out of the basket hanging from the ceiling when she got up from her nap (very quietly, I might add, the rascal!). Soon, they were both cooking. Annisia had a bowl with sippy cup parts that she was calling corn. She came running into the library and breathlessly said, "My corn is burning!" So I told her to go shut the burner off. Soon she was back with the same news. And I gave her the same advice. This went on for awhile.

Now they are both in the living room cooking. I heard Jonathan say, "My food is burning." (Instructs himself to "Take it off the burner.") "Now it's not burning." And Annisia is joining in with her own versions of burning food. I started to get a complex. Where are they getting all these burning food ideas? I am a relatively good cook; I don't serve burned food. Just because every third time I make hot cereal in the morning or tomato soup for lunch I get sidetracked and the milk/water boils over...what's your point? Huh? Huh?

No comments: