Thursday, February 26, 2009

My kids...

We've had some gorgeous days here lately. Weather in the 50s to 60s...ahem, NOT normal for WY! So, I sent the kids out to play one day (this was mid-Feb.). A little later, I looked out to check on them and I actually saw them playing nicely together. Awwww...OK, so that's not altogether unusual, just a pleasure to see. Jonathan loves to wear his ski helmet and goggles. What a crazy boy!
Check out Annisia's long ponytails! Aren't they cute?!

That afternoon, while doing laundry (and cleaning the house because the workers were coming!), I got the box of K'Nex down. Kayla had these when she was younger and recently gave them to us. I had been thinking Jonathan was still too little for them, but I was Wrong! He is so smart! I built a windsurfer while he watched. Then I told him, "Now you build one just like Mommy's, OK? Look at the picture in the book and look at Mommy's and you build one." and walked away to continue with my chores. With just a little help, he did it! That evening, after the workers had gotten here and we had eaten dinner, Daddy helped him build a motorcycle. That one was more complicated...but I won't be surprised if he builds one of those soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww she looks so cute with her long hair, and he is so intelligent! They both are!! They amaze me with some of the things they come up with! I love it! They keep me so entertained!!!
love you guys,
Brady

Wishful Thinking said...

:-) Your kiddos are so cute. Man if I saw my kids playing nicely together I'd have to get a photo too! hehehee It's a rare thing! :-)
Sure looks at your place compared to here! :-)

Wishful Thinking said...

Oh ... that was supposed to say it sure looks cold at your place! Sorry (having a senior moment!)