Saturday, May 8, 2010

Back to the past...October 2009

0So this particular October Sunday, we went to gospel meeting. On the way home, the snow started, the roads were icy, we took a dicey curve, then got home safely. When we arrived at home, the kids piled out of the car and were so excited about the snow. So, while Michael brought up some firewood (good thing he did), the kids played a little. All they did was put gloves on and I don't even remember them putting on their boots. The best fun they had was throwing snowballs at the back door. See Jonathan's impish grin?!
And then Annisia was cold. See how I am? I had to get a photo of her before letting her in...
Never fear! 10 minutes later, she was fine, warmed up, in her PJs and smiling for mommy!
And, here's my favorite pic of the heavy snowfall that ensued...
A couple mornings later, I enjoyed making Eggs in the Hole. I did hearts for everyone.
The kids were skeptical...until I laid a bit of jelly on their toast piece...
...then they dove in! They like it when they can dip their egg.
Eggs in the Hole
Take a piece of bread, any kind will do. With a cookie cutter, cut a hole in the center of the bread. Heat some butter or oil in a skillet, then place the bread in the skillet. After 1 minute, crack an egg into the hole. Hence, "egg in the hole!!" Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for another minute. Flip the bread and egg over and cook on the second side until the egg is the desired doneness. We like some amount of runny in the center into which we can dip our cut out piece.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

eggs in the hole????? you'll have to tell me how!

Darla said...

It's easy Jeanette! Go back to the post and I wrote the "recipe" in it...Really fun way to have eggs with toast.

Jeanette said...

Thanks for theh instruction....I'll have to give this a try.