Sunday, October 17, 2010

Funny things the kids have said...

I need to post some things the kids have said before I lose the little pieces of paper they are written on...

February 3, 2010
We got home from gospel meeting in Sheridan. Annisia was laying in her carseat with her eyes closed. Michael whispered, "You aren't asleep." and Annisia whispered, "yes, I am."

Feb. 4, 2010
At breakfast, Jonathan held up a piece of fried egg and said, "Mommy do you know what shape this is?" I looked at the seemingly blobbish shape and thought I saw a diamond. I said, "What do you think it is?" and he said, "It's a rhombus." WHAT?! My 5 year old knows what a rhombus is? I told him I thought Kindergarteners learned shapes like triangle, oval, diamond, and rectangle. I don't think I learned what a rhombus was until I was in Geometry! You should have seen him glow with pride!

Feb 6, 2010
Annisia said, "Mommy, do you know how to say banana in Spanish? "bananana"

One Wednesday evening when Daddy and Annisia stayed home from Bible study and Jonathan and I went, Jonathan said, "Mommy, I am a fire fighter. You are a fire fighter with dark skin. Girl fire fighters do very much work. Boy firefighters don't do much work. But Fred the Firefighter does a lot of work." I think he must have been looking at his Fred the Firefighter book (Usborne).

No comments: