Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hoods!!

Our friend, PJ, sewed hoods onto the kids' robes. I could NOT figure it out. I got the material, gave it some thought, got the kids snacks, stopped a fight, gave it some more thought, tried to lay it out, couldn't ignore the little voices long enough to actually form a thought, threw it all back into a bag, successfully ignored it for several more months, then brought it to PJ just in time for the robes to have hoods in the summer, when the kids don't need them. Ta Da!



My kids, modeling. They were SO excited! They also got another hooded towel from some towels and washrags I got at Costco. With about 2 hours of one-on-one training and an entire manual devoted to instruction and step-by-step photos, I may actually manage to make one of these! (well, ok, maybe I'd manage on just 1 hour of assistance...)

Now I have made a blogging friend, Neisha, who is shaking her head at me wondering how in the world I am EVER going to be able to sew some of the things she shows on her blog. How in the world does she do some of that stuff, I say? With kids in the house? But she has some of the cutest creations! And she makes them sound so easy...{sigh} Can I have a smidgen of your sewing talent, please? You won't miss just a smidgen, Neisha. Please?!

No comments: