Thursday, March 29, 2007

Scary!

We had a scary incident on Monday eve. Jonathan had been running a fever all day, around 101 degrees. He was to Gramma's for the day, but not really himself she said. We got home and were getting dinner ready. He was whiney and I knew he wasn't feeling well, so I went over to him and hugged him. His cheeks were very red and he was HOT, much hotter than he had been when we had gotten home 10 minutes earlier. So we took his temp...104.8! Michael said we should get him to the hospital, and sat down with him. Within a minute, a tremor went through Jonathan's body, then he got kind of blank, his eyes rolled back and he went limp. To make a long story short, he had a febrile seizure. A trip to ER and overnight in the hospital with an IV started our week. Keep on top of those fevers, moms! It's very scary.
And, on a lighter note, this is why Annisia's hair is always in a clip!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Dear Darla,
How scary! I'm assuming you guys are home now and he is fine, but I cannot imagine how scared you were.
I'm so thankful that he is okay.
I loved seeing all of the pictures and reading all of the new things that your kiddos are doing.
Also how fun to enjoy a bike ride with the family.
I'm going to show Chris this picture. I would love to bike some this summer. We cannot right now...we have over a foot of snow! It was sooooooooo nice in the beginning of the month, but now some more snow. I know the moisture is good, but I look forward to warmer temps and no snow for awhile. :)