Saturday, March 3, 2007

Snowy days & Funny says

Daddy and Jonathan played outside this morning. Jonathan got his go-go car stuck in a big snowdrift, and finally accepted help from Daddy tow-truck. Now Daddy is up skiing and we're home alone again. Michael loves to ski. It's too much to figure out child care right now, and I'm not in shape for skiing. So, he goes with his brothers and has a good time. I am counting all the extra hours he's off on these winter weekends...planning a weekend with a girlfriend!

So, while Jonathan napped, Annisia and I worked in the kitchen. I ground up and froze some leftover chicken & rice, and beef barley soup for Annisia and made trail mix while she discovered the riches of the "toy" drawer.

Whenever we say "so big", Annisia does this. Even if I say something else in the same singsong tones, she often will do this.

Here she is drinking from the sippy cup. Jonathan didn't do sippy cups this early. She really has it down well.

Hmmm...not so sure about Gerber green beans. In fact, shortly after I took this picture, she gagged on them. Maybe we'll wait a while longer or buy some frozen green beans, steam, grind and freeze them.

When Jonathan got up from his nap, Annisia had just fallen asleep for hers. Argh! No free time for me. So, we decided to go to the library. I asked Jonathan to hand me my Ugg boots (he calls them my Ugly boots!). "Jonathan will you hand me my boots please?"

"Mommy, you need to say, 'Will you please give me my boots?'"

"Jonathan, will you please give me my boots?"

"Yes, Mommy. Good job asking!" What a kick! Can you tell we're working on asking for things instead of demanding them? Looks like he's learning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*laughs!
I'm getting homesick!
"Good job asking, Mommy." Hee.

You tell Annisia she is a very smart girl. Green beans are nasty. ;)

~Leilani

Kate said...

Hey Darla,
So have you had your girls day yet!?! Also how great that Jonathan is asking so nicely. Right now all Fish does is scream very loudly when he wants something! ha ha ha

Darla said...

Kate, Nope! A girls' day takes lots of careful planning...unlike Daddy's ski days! ;-) We have to watch the forecast (because it always seems to snow when we want to get together!), make sure we have babysitting lined up, and we have to make appointments for our pedicures! So, lots of careful planning...