Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fruit and Flowers

This is our Italian plum tree. It went nuts this year. It hasn't produced fruit for at least 3 years and that time we may have gotten 30 plums! This year, Michael thinks he pruned off a hundred plums and we still have them coming out our ears. Loren and Joe are here this weekend and Loren said he'd help me make jam tomorrow. Yipee!


The landscaper who expanded our sprinkler system and planted those evergreen trees said he has never seen so much fruit on a tree here in WY, and especially has never seen such big plums and apples here. His wife is so impressed she is coming over tomorrow to take photos of the tree!

This is one of our apple trees. The apples are a beautiful red with a whitish fruit. They have gotten quite large too.

And these are my asters. I love these perennials. They grew kind of tall this year...my mother-in-law told me I could clip them down in the spring next year and they wouldn't grow so tall and would bush out.

Do you see the bee?

2 comments:

Leilani said...

How'd the jam turn out??
I made plum syrup at Ronan - but out of tiny yellow plums, not those gorgeous big purple ones.

Darla said...

Our jam is really good syrup! It may still set up into jam, but until then we're enjoying it on pancakes. Loren and I had a good time doing that project. He made pancakes the next morning. Here's a new one for you to try...plain yogurt and plum syrup on pancakes. Now I only have about 30 more pounds of plums to make into jelly...