Monday, September 29, 2008

Get rid of catalogs!

So, a friend wrote an article in the local newspaper about going green, and one of the things she told about was a service called Catalog Choice. Way cool! You go there and enter the names of the catalogs you no longer want to receive and they will stop sending them to you! Talk about managing your mailbox trash. I promptly sat down and did that. Not exactly what I was planning to do today on my day without the kids, but who said anything about managing my time!

It is a great website. I know you can recycle your magazines, but how many of us do? And isn't it better to not receive them in the first place? It is for me. I don't like getting them because I start to
  1. look through them, which is time wasting,
  2. wanting things from them, which is money wasting, and
  3. covet things I can't afford, which is attitude wasting.
  4. Besides, I can go online and buy anything I need without a catalog reminding me, right?

1 comment:

Leilani said...

Sheer genius. Makes me wish I had catalogs to refuse!