Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fever and snow play...

Well, it was fever time again. Let's back up. Tuesday the 11th, I had the flu. Throwing up, etc. Michael stayed home from work, luckily, as I was in no shape to take care of the kids. Wednesday morning, I was still dizzy (no comments from the peanut gallery!) but by about 2pm I was feeling pretty good. So! Thursday morning, I took the kids to story hour at the library. Jonathan wouldn't sit on the cool rug they have for the kids; he just hung out on my knees. Then he didn't want the snack (Scooby bites...(shaped like bones!) and raisins which are a favorite) then said he had to go to the bathroom. I asked him if his tummy hurt and he said it did. Uh Oh! So off we hurried to the bathroom, me rushing, rushing the kids, in a sort of hurried voice, trying not to overdo the panic I was feeling (thinking he was getting what I had 2 days before) yet wanting to be in the safety of the bathroom if anything happened. False alarm...he just really had to pee. Whew! But he was sort of off...The kids went to Gramma and Papa's on the 17th and Gramma noticed he wasn't really himself. His eyes get droopy and red-rimmed when he doesn't feel well. Well, Tuesday night, the 18th, Jonathan came running into our room crying, "Daddy, I am so hot!" He had a temp of 102.3, so Michael ran a big bath and in they got. That was the cycle for the next couple of days. Tylenol, 3 hours later...Motrin, 3 hours later...Tylenol, etc. Baths in between whenever Jonathan requested them. The highest his fever got was 104.5. This time, he was really good about taking in liquids. Not like the last time. But, Ugh and Double Ugh...I hate fevers.

However, Jonathan surprised me Thursday morning (the 20th) by asking to go outside. Now, it had snowed a little overnight so he was excited. But it was a little windy (of course!) so I was hesitant. But into their snow gear they got, new helmet included for Jonathan, and out they went. Jonathan wanted to ride his bike, so he got it out of the garage. I went out to snap some pics and it was cold! I came inside and looked up the weather on the computer. It was 26 degrees (F) with a 21 mph wind bringing the RealFeel temp to 7 degrees! And my feverish kid really wanted to be out there! Crazy kiddo!




They had fun, along with some frustration with the slippery snow and its incompatability with training wheels, then came in.
My sweet Jonathan smiling for the camera. He took a pic of me too, but it wasn't worth posting. He's much cuter!!
This was taken Saturday, the 22nd. Jonathan wanted a "purple coffee" (purple gatorade slushie, basically. Do you think I drink too many iced coffees?!) But he was still feeling cold and had a low grade fever. So he was dressed in a turtleneck and sweatshirt and wrapped himself up in a woolen blanket while he drank it. Goofy boy!

No comments: