Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another day in the snow.

On Tuesday last, we went out to play again. Michael had taken Jonathan out to shovel the sidewalks, then started to shovel the driveway and I took over when he left for work. The kids were happily playing in the snow, staying cozy warm in their new long underwear from REIs super sale! WooHoo! I had to remodel Jonathan's a bit. The pants were about a foot too long, so I folded them up and tacked them. I think he'll wear them until he's at least about 8! Anyways, that underlayer followed by fleece pants and topped with snowpants and coats and the kiddos were great! It was somewhere between 10 and 20 degrees F. First order of business was snow angels. Jonathan knows how to do them, but I had to teach Annisia! Here they are!

Then the neighbor's dog came to visit! He is a kick! His name is Igby and one of the first times I remember seeing him after Aaron and Shari moved here he was outside picking up a rock with his mouth (obviously!), tossing it for himself, then running across the yard to get it! I laughed so hard!! So Igby came to visit. He is so good with the kids because Aaron and Shari have kids too. Anyways, some of the snow I was shoveling was compacted from being driven on. So the kids were picking these compacted pieces up and throwing them at/to Igby. The rest of the snow was too powdery, really dry. I occasionally got in the action, especially after I remembered Igby's abilities with catching and throwing! Here's a video to share...



Then Jonathan wanted to ski. I had made a pile of snow that Igby had packed for us. (Take a 150# dog jumping on a snow hill and you get a pretty packed pile!) So we got J's skis on him, then I placed him on the top of the hill and down he went. He thought it was pretty fun!

No comments: