Sunday, February 1, 2009

Some outside pics

On January 12th, it was 31 degrees F. The kids wanted to play outside and who am I to deny that? Jonathan loves to wear his ski helmet and goggles.
South view of our lovely home
We had just gotten some new snow along with some wind, so the drive was clear. They rode their bikes (or trikes as the case is.) Here is Determined Annisia making her way down the driveway.
Then they posed with smiles at the end of the driveway. They are such hams!
It steadily grew warmer until January 20th when it was 61 degrees F. We were "scheduled" to go to the YMCA for my workout. Jonathan was dressed and ready to go at 9am. I was sweeping the kitchen before we left and had taken a rug outside to shake. Jonathan came to the door and asked if it was nice outside. I told him it was and that he should go out and play until it was time to go. Then I went back inside to finish my sweeping. I got to thinking, "Why go to the Y? It is so beautiful outside, I can get a workout in here and the kids aren't stuck inside a gym playing." So that's what we did! I did squats and deadlifts in the driveway by the garage, walking lunges up and down the driveway pulling the kids in the wagon, and brought the free weights outside to do my upper body. It worked out perfectly!

Jonathan asked for a purple coffee. (They see me occasionally drinking a blended iced coffee and wanted one just like mommy. So I made purple gatorade, added a frozen piece of banana and some yogurt then blended it all up.) Annisia stacked their cups then they thought it was a hoot to drink at the same time! Then Jonathan said, "get a picture of us drinking without them stacked too, Mommy."
I downloaded an album of kids songs from the iTunes store. The kids love it. There are several songs about going to England, I guess, because that's what Jonathan is doing here. He hooked the swing rope over the ladder, climbed partways in, then worked the rope off the ladder to swing out and "sail" away to England!
Here is Annisia on her turn. She's not so sure about this whole "sailing" thing...
...but once she's swinging, all is well!

No comments: