Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another year older...

Well, another year came and went for me. I made sure I had enough chores done before my birthday that I wouldn't feel guilty if I relaxed the whole day. Gramma and Papa took the kids last Wednesday which was fun for all of us. Then on Thursday, my birthday, we played.

In the morning, Michael put a blindfold on me and told the kids to lead me to the kitchen. He was thinking Jonathan would enjoy telling me which direction to go, when to turn, when to step down, etc. but Jonathan wasn't really into it. Annisia, on the other hand, just reached up and took my hand and started walking. It was really sweet.

We went to the job site for a little bit, then off to the park. The kids and I had a good time. Here are some pics to prove it!
Jonathan about to slide down the slide. He was hiding from the camera, the little imp!
My brave little girl on the swinging bridge.

Jonathan climbing the chain ladder. "Mommy, now it's your turn!" What?! Do you realize I am now 39? And you want me to climb this wiggly, chain thing?! O.K. Done!

Then off to the great woo, woo slide.
Annisia is fearless...down she goes!

After that, we went to Hardee's for some lunch and off to another park to eat it and play some more. By then, I was parked out. We were there for long enough and I pulled the "Annisia has to get a nap" punch and home we went! Whew!

Michael got his niece, Brady, to watch the kids and took me out to dinner and a movie. What a good day! Thanks, everyone!

No comments: