Sunday, March 29, 2009

Finally! Some snow!

We seem to finally be getting some snow. Last weekend, we had temps in the high 60s...I think we even hit 70 degrees F on Sunday. Sunday evening, it started raining which turned to snow which became a blizzard by about 7am Monday morning. The wind was blowing so hard Monday morning. I went to teach my boot camp class and when I was leaving the YMCA, I was hit by a gust of wind while I was walking across the parking lot. I slid an inch or so...thought I was going to get blown over. Now that's a big wind! We had a day full of laundry and the kids played games on the computer while the wind and snow blew. Here is Jonathan creating...



The next day we went outside after the deck got shoveled. We had some fun on the big drift off the south deck. Jonathan tried riding the motorcycle down the drift. I think I am going to start worrying about this kid...he does the craziest things sometimes!



Annisia wanted to sled. So we brought her sled up to the top of the same drift, I put her in it and told her to sit very still, ran out to get the video, told her to lean forward and hoped she would lean the right way (as leaning backwards would mean a backwards fall of 3 ft onto a wooden deck...owww! Actually, Jonathan was behind her and helped her get going too.) She loved it! Listen to her and Jonathan squeal and giggle!



Jonathan joined Annisia on the sled. Watch Annisia when I say, "Lean forward..." She leans backwards! Eek! I am imagining the fall to the deck, that's why I start to rush towards them. Luckily, she's a smart little girl and listens to me and recognizes my gestures to lean the other way. Whew! What a fun time they had!




Then Jonathan and I shoveled the driveway. It was icy, but sort of just peeled off with the shovel. I would scoop some up, then toss it aside and it would slide across the driveway on top of the rest of the ice! Jonathan decided to call the ice dirt, and said it needed to be put on the new garden spot. So we loaded up the ice in our sleds and dumped it on the newly fertilized garden.

No comments: