Sunday, May 16, 2010

A little snow, a lot of cold...

December brought some snow and some pretty cold weather. Nothing we couldn't handle, of course! Not here in the foothills, where my husband says the Native Americans used to winter. Presumably because it didn't get too cold here and they could still hunt buffalo? Really, just guessing...it sounds good, doesn't it?!

The kids like to help. Really. So Michael went out to bring some firewood up to the house. We got a cord from some kid trying to make money. Then a couple more cords from Bret, Michael's brother. Good pine from him. Anyhoo!! Here's the kids helping...
Annisia waiting for her next piece to put in the sled.
Then, and here's why the kids like to help Daddy, a ride on the sled with the firewood!


Aaagh! Crash! I'm stuck! Daddy, I'm stuck!
Then, Jonathan's school had their Christmas program. They were assigned parts for the program...Jonathan was Joseph. "My name is Joseph. I love Jesus too. He is the Saviour for me and for you." It was very cute. Like I said about the previous program, he hardly participated in any of the rest of the program! But he sure makes a cute Joseph!
Kayla and Annisia cuddling Christmas morning.
And Annisia modeling her Mary (as in Joseph and Mary) headband I found on eBay. I just thought it was a cute princess crown thingy (and was another item the guy had in his store when I was bidding on a pile of kids tools for the kids to split), but the kids were a little fixated on Joseph and Mary, a fitting fixation what with Christmas and all!

No comments: