Friday, April 13, 2007

Home, Home on the Range

Well, Annisia is still not feeling too hot. I took her to the pediatrician yesterday and her chest was still clear but she was beginning to get an ear infection. So she's on meds for that. Something new for me. Jonathan has never gotten an ear infection. Annisia is really quite mellow...wants to be held a LOT. Hates to have her nose wiped. Wants to have lots of baths and never get out of the tub. Wants to play with all her brother's toys...which he won't allow. So we wait until he goes to Gramma's for the day (like yesterday), and she has free rein! (hee, hee.. sneaky, aren't we?!)

So today, while Annisia napped, Jonathan and I went outside. I LOVE having a baby monitor. Ours is a video one, so I can "look in on her" from anywhere! Today is one of those "Home, Home on the Range" days...where the skies are not cloudy all day, and the antelope run through our front and back yards and Jonathan gets to yell at them, "Bzziu, bzziu! Get out of here!" I was helping him get his sandbox loader tractor back to his sandbox (so "the antelope won't get it", as they were standing only 20 feet from it, gasp!). I glanced up and saw these two birds on our wireless computer dish thing (can you tell I am not a geek?!). A beautiful little blue bird who a few minutes later did this in the sky flutter thing with another blue bird. And a house finch who has a nest in one of our front fir trees.
The birds flew off over the front yard, and I was hoping to see if I could get a picture of the "in the sky flutter thing", so I went around to the front too. Jonathan wanted to see too, and ran after me. He discovered these snow drifts remaining in our front yard. By now, they have settled and hardened, so it was great fun for him to run on them.
This pic didn't turn out the best, but you can see the little spot of grass in the right lower corner. Those are big rocks from digging for our addition's foundation there in the foreground. Jonathan is standing on a drift that's close to 3 feet tall.
And here, he's running out from the "hole" by the tree. This is a tree we had to dig out and replant when we added on. I think it's going to make it!

We went back into the back yard and Jonathan started playing in his sand box. All of a sudden, he said, "There's the moon!" And, sure enough, there was the faint quarter moon...not an easy thing to see in our bright blue WY skies. Jonathan said, "It's all wrapped up in love, Mommy." (I think because he couldn't see the whole thing, he thinks something is covering up part of it?) "I like to be all wrapped up in love too, Mommy." Melts my heart!

Then we came in the house for lunch. I don't understand why Jonathan only weighs 27.5#. He ate: a 1 piece of bread PBJ sandwich, a piece of cheese, 8 black grapes, 1/4 cup peas, 6 Fritos, and 6 oz whole milk! Then, when he's full, he usually says, "Mommy, I'm fat! Daddy's full, I'm fat!"


1 comment:

Kate said...

Hey Darla,
We have been enjoying the beautiful weather too. It was such a perfect day to brand yesterday. I'm glad you enjoyed the branding videos. :) Now someday you will have to come and be part of one. I am sorry about Annisia, and feel your pain. Fischer has had a cough for over a month and a half. I have tried to use a humidifier and cough medicine. But it seems to just keep hanging on...I am ready for it to be OVER. He has never acted sick...just has a flemy (sp?) cough. Also I feel the same way about Fish's weight. I still cannot believe that he was not over 20 pounds. Chris and I thought he would be for sure. But I guess he just has fast metabolism...and he is always on the move. Keep the neat posts coming, and hopefully this nice weather sticks around.