Thursday, September 20, 2007

Busy, Busy...

We have been busy, busy. We took a trip to Boulder so Michael could do some climbing and hiking with a friend. That was...er, August 31st to September 3rd. I told Michael he needed to post that blog. Someday! Then my sister and brother-in-law stopped for a night and morning. The following Sunday, after a great meeting and potluck at Scott and Renee's, Jonathan woke from his nap with a 101 fever. It went up from there, hitting 104.5 again. By Thursday, the 13th, he was fine. I went to Billings to meet with my girlfriend, Debbie. Finally, our girls' weekend we've been planning since January! YAY! I came home Saturday, the 15th, and got the flu that night. I spent Sunday in bed and am now nursing 2 snotty nosed kids. Both have colds, but no fevers...thank goodness.

THEN, (yes it continues), we had Michael's brother and crew here Monday and Tuesday. They tore out 2 windows, one in the kids' room and the other in the guest room. We have had a terrible problem with leaking windows when we have driving rain from the north. This doesn't happen often, but when it does...Hoowee, look out! Soaking wet carpet, rotting logs... This is not a problem these days in the newly constructed homes as they do things better now, but our home was built in the early 90s. Anyways, they tore out the windows, the bucks and a couple of rotten logs. Then they planed off the outside of a few other logs which were rotting. They also squirted some epoxy into areas of lesser water damage to seal them. New logs went in, log siding covered where they planed, new split window bucks, and new better windows went in. All of that on Monday! These guys are good!

On Tuesday, the crew came back and sanded the interior north walls of both rooms where water has run down the walls. They refinished the walls and trimmed out the windows. We have 2 "new" rooms! Yesterday, Wednesday, I cleaned out the kid's room. This means I swept the ceiling and walls, washed the west log wall with Murphy's oil soap, then polished it with furniture polish, vacuumed, dusted all other surfaces, and remade beds. Whew! Michael hung the curtains today at noon, so the kids are back to normal...well, their room is at least!

Now for the guest room...

3 comments:

Leilani said...

Wow, girl, you been busy!
I'm so glad you finally got up to have a weekend with Debbie! Hope it was wonderful in all ways!
Tomorrow is my last day of woodstove cookery - and actually, we're barely doing anything. Just breakfast and maybe morning break, as Lindy's making lunch and then we're all leaving. So I guess what I'll be doing is packing stuff up.

Anonymous said...

Whew...I'm going to go take a nap now! I'm exhausted just from READING about it all!!! I think that YOU can share some info with US about how to "do it all"! :)

Glad you're feeling better and that everyone is well!! However, I think it's time for some pictures of the kiddos! I miss their little smiley faces!!

Kate said...

I have to agree with Jen. It sounds like you keep pretty busy these days. :)
Maybe you can take a break for awhile...heee heee
I always laugh, taking a break with two kids (I don't think so :))!!!