Thursday, March 20, 2008

Here's what's up!

We have had a week of sick kids last week. Both went to the doc on Monday last, the10th. She put them on Zithromycin. The next morning and thru the day, Jonathan would throw up about an hour and a half after eating. He ran a temp from 101 to 103, and Motrin didn't seem to help much. Wednesday eve he hit 105.5. Into the bath he went.

Michael must have seen my crossing eyes, hair sticking out in all directions and steam rolling from my ears from being stuck in the house with two kids who didn't feel like playing, couldn't eat without throwing up, wanted to be held constantly and fussed if they weren't on my lap. I went off to Gospel Meeting alone!

Thursday, Jonathan really had that glazed look kiddos get when they haven't eaten much all week, run a temp all week, and have a sore nose from blowing it all the time. He spent most of the day watching home videos. I don't feel nearly so guilty about him couching it if he's watching videos of himself and sister sledding, riding in the sleigh, riding horse, pics of the bighorn sheep G'ma and Papa M saw at Yellowstone, and ranch pics and videos of Papa and G'ma driving the horses in tandem (one horse in front of the other) and in a unicorn (one horse in front of a pair). Another video he watched was one Papa M gave us called Lorenzo. It's a French gentleman who does amazing driving, and, at one point, drives 8 horses while standing on two horses backs. Click on the link to see a sample. It's amazing! The kids are transfixed, as are we. Incredible horsemanship!

On Sunday, Michael woke up around 5am. By 8:30am, he was telling me how he didn't feel well and crawled back into bed. Needless to say, we all stayed home from meeting. He slept until 11:30am and felt better after that. I got some time to do some finishing touches on a little album for a brother of mine. WOW! Scrapbooking! WooHoo!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Sorry you guys have been sick. I hope you had a little break for your birthday. I know you don't get total vacations when you are a mom, but a little break is always nice! What did you get for your birthday? Hope you are all feeling better now.

Leilani said...

Did you get sick too? Oh and drat it - happy birthday! I did think of you, but, uh, forgot to send the card! SORRY.
I will mail it pronto, I promise.
My only excuse is that I used up all my brainpower remembering to send my grandma's present in time for her b-day.
*hopeful grin?
Love you