Sunday, July 11, 2010

Woman Turns 40...(1st installation)

I turned 40 this year. Meh!
Actually, who cares? Everyone I tell I am 40 says, "No way!"
So it's just another number...

This is the VUNDERBAR gift I received from my sweet li'l boy. He helped Daddy build this beautiful butcher block style cutting board for my birthday. Jonathan helped glue, sand, and finish it. He looks so proud, doesn't he?!
Daddy is so good getting the kids to help with things. I find I get impatient very fast, but Michael just plugs along, teaching. What a good man!
I did something a little drastic on my birthday. Something I have been pondering occasionally for awhile. Usually I think of doing it when I am having a bad hair day, then I dismiss the thought because that's really not when I ought to cut my hair. So, instead I decided to do it on my milestone 40th birthday and donate it to Locks of Love.

12 inches came off...
My instructions were simple. "I need to still be able to put it up." Because that's how I usually wear it. That's my comfort zone. And that's what I like. So, it's all long enough for me to still style it up in my updo like I like, or a ponytail, or just the front back in a barrette occasionally.
Then the hairdresser styled my hair for our upcoming night out. She had to spray my hair to even make it curl! That made it interesting the next morning when I was trying to get ready for skiing! (crack, crunch, and other noises that sounded like the curls were just breaking off!)
Dinner at Ted's in Bozeman.

1 comment:

Neisha said...

good for you! My aunt does the same thing. My hair is so thick that I usually get it trimmed before there is 10 inches to cut off